Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just checking up on my bloggers..

Hey guys! So once again, I'm taking a look at my fellow bloggers and seeing what they had to say about experimental research. It's always so interesting to see how this method is used in other areas of research other than Fashion PR.

In Alyssa's blog, she discusses the aspects of experimental research. Her hypothetical experiment intrigued me and really made me think about eating habits. I think it would be a great idea to have the two groups in that experiment consist of college students. It would be interesting to see how many students actually care about calorie contents and health issues versus which students are just trying to get a quick meal. This experiment would help college students get an idea about how unhealthy their eating habits are and how they make decisions irresponsibly. Her experiment would also help teach college students about this research method in an interesting way.

The second blog I read was Laura's blog. Her blog is about experimental research in social media. She have a great example about finding out which social media site allows for the most fans and likes of a specific celebrity. She used Lady Gaga and all her fan pages. Her experiment compared results from Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace and ultimately determined that Facebook had the most fans. That was very interesting to me because as I read her blog, I assumed that Twitter would be the winner. Her blog also teaches students about experimental research in a new and interesting way.

Reading these blogs about experimental research gave me a better understanding of the topic even though I already knew what it was. There are so many different ways to conduct this research and they can be fun to do as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment